When we say "Company", "we", "our", or "us" in this document, we are referring to Moutn, Inc.
When we say "Services", we mean our websites, including moutn.com, and any
product created and maintained by Moutn, Inc. That includes Moutn (all versions), whether delivered
within a web browser, desktop application,
mobile application, or another format.
When we say "You" or "your", we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one
more of our Services. We have specific ownership policies for our products: Moutn.
We may update these Terms of Service ("Terms") in the future. Typically these changes have been to
clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded
related policy. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will refresh the date at the
of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify account holders.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms. There may be times
where we do not exercise or enforce a right or provision of the Terms; however, that does not mean we
waiving that right or provision. These Terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the Terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement and it means you
need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about who we are,
we work, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password and for ensuring that
any of your users do the same. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from
your failure to comply with this security obligation. We recommend all users set up two-factor
authentication for added security. In some of our Services, we may require it.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions policy, and you may
not permit any of your users to do so, either.
- You are responsible for all content posted to and activity that occurs under your account, including
content posted by and activity of any users in your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: we do not ask you for
card and — just like for customers who pay for our Services — we do not sell your data.
- For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when you sign up. After
period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your
and it will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen for a while, we
queue it up for auto-cancellation. See our Cancellation policy for more details.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your
cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate
the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where
will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing
our Taxes policy for more details. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies,
- We process refunds according to our Fair Refund policy.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Within each of our Services, we
simple no-questions-asked cancellation link. You can find instructions for how to cancel your
Cancellation policy. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not automatically
cancellation. If you need help canceling your account, you can always contact
our Support team.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon account
days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all
be permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will
immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in
billing cycle. See our Fair Refund policy for more details.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future
Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account
able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in
deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment
content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone
reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds of
accounts on our Services, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things
staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance. For more details, see
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of a
or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt
customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing
customers. If we
so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We
post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an "as is" and "as
basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Services but do
take uptime of our applications seriously. Visit https://www.moutnstatus.com to see the status
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the
usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before
action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and
enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases
send your data through our network unencrypted. Please refer to our Security Overview for full
our Security Response page for how to report a security incident or threat.
- When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree
can access your data for the following reasons:
- To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent
accessing your account.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway
through. We get
alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated
any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal
data to fix the
issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause to prevent the errors from
- To safeguard Moutn. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to
data and the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of
an abuse report
- To the extent required by applicable law. As a US company with all data
located in the
only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a US government authority with a
or proper request under the Stored Communications Act, or in limited circumstances in
the event of an
emergency request. If a non-US authority approaches Moutn for assistance, our
default stance is to
refuse unless the order has been approved by the US government, which compels us to
procedures outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement
audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare minimum billing information needed to
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software,
storage, and related technology required to run the Services. You can see a list of all
handle personal data for Moutn, as well as a list of Company
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), Moutn is a "service provider", not a
"third party", with respect to your use of the Services. That means we process any data you
policies. We do not retain, use, disclose, or sell any of that information for any other
unless we have your explicit permission. And on the flip-side, you agree to comply with your
under the CCPA and not use Basecamp's Services in a way that violates the regulations.
- These Terms incorporate the Moutn Data Processing Addendum ("DPA") when the EU General Data
Regulation ("GDPR") or United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation ("UK GDPR") applies to
Moutn Services to process Customer Data as defined in the DPA. The DPA linked above supersedes
previously agreed data processing addendum between you and Moutn, Inc. relating to your use of
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law. We provide details on
copyright infringement claim.
- You give us a limited license to use the content posted by you and your users in order to
Services to you, but we claim no ownership rights over those materials. All materials you submit
Services remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but we reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole
refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The Company or its licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to the Services,
intellectual property rights therein, and you obtain no ownership rights in the Services as a
elements without express written permission from the Company. You must request permission to use
Company's logos or any Service logos for promotional purposes. Please email
requests to use logos. We reserve the right to rescind any permissions if you violate these
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the
Services, use of
Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission of the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who
their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We
guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services
inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones,
related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee
Services Adaptations and API Terms
We offer Application Program Interfaces ("API"s) for some of our Services (currently Moutn). Any use
of the API, including through a third-party product that accesses the
Services, is bound by these Terms plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting
of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Third parties may not access and employ the API if the functionality is part of an application
records, monitors, or reports a Service user's activity other than time tracking, both inside
the applications. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine if an integration service
this bylaw. A third party that has built and deployed an integration for the purpose of remote
surveillance will be required to remove that integration.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may result in the temporary
suspension of your account's access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will
excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account's access, we will attempt to warn
owner first. If your API usage could or has caused downtime, we may cut off access without prior
We are not liable or accountable for any third-party integrations.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you
any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive
exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data
intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages),
(i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods
services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages
or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or
your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any
matter relating to these Terms or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including
whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does
out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful
of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general caring a whole
choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of these Terms, please contact our Support team.